Friday, June 18, 2010

Eric's Final Thoughts from Athens


First thought, I am so glad Jenny's bag finally made and apparently made a trip to Rhodes as well, very exciting. Meeting up with Rob and Courtney for dinner was great fun. I think one of the fascinating things about traveling with friends is seeing them in a context in which you are not used to seeing them. And hanging out at a Greek restaurant with the Acropolis in the background and the World Cup playing in the foreground is definitely a different context.

I was glad to see they made it safely, but their bags did not make it with them at the moment. However, their bags are in Amsterdam and should be delivered during the night. So all four of us, despite a little drama here and there, are excited for our next adventure, the cruise. Being on a ship for seven days and seeing some amazing new sights is something I have been looking forward to ever since we booked this trip, and now it has finally arrived. I am not sure when we will post next, but I hope everyone reading this is doing well.

No comments: