Saturday, June 9, 2007

Greetings From The Top of the World


Well....maybe not quite the top, but close!

And what an incredible day of hiking we hide. I survived the very scary gondola ride (enough so that Eric decided we are doing it again tomorrow!) I just looked straight ahead and breathed deeply, ignoring the man who was trying to get me to look at the fox and the mountain deer, called a chamois, down below.

Once off the gondola, we enjoyed a leisurely hike among the peaks and valleys. It was amazing to see the wild flowers growing inbetween the lumps of melting snow. We even had to hike through avalanche zones and areas where the melting snow had created little waterfalls. It was a fantastic day, and I will post some more pictures now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just watched a program on Mt. Everest... glad you're here and not there! (At least you can do this without a Sherpa!)

What awesome views!

xoxoxoxox MOM