Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Eric's Thoughts (Part Cinq)


This time my thoughts are coming from a trip to Monet's Garden (I know what you are thinking, "How did Jenny manage to drag me to place like this?"), but the place was absolutely amazing. I was convinced to go initially by the prospect of a bike ride through the French countryside, which was way cool, but after I got there, the beauty and serenity of the garden invades your soul.

I know, I know sounds schmaltzy and poetic (or maybe pathetic is a better word), but it is true. I can see how Monet was inspired to paint his many beautiful paintings in such surroundings. His house and garden are in a peaceful little community called Giverny. The coolest part of the garden was the water lily garden (made famous by many of his paintings) which has a very heavy Japanese theme. As you know, I am partial to things from Japan because I met a certain special someone there.

I think the highlight of my day was seeing my wife overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of the garden. (see blog titled "Jenny Overwhelmed")Her emotion touched me deeply.

Alright enough with the emotional stuff. Being away from Counter Strike for too long has made me soft; hmm... I wonder if I could download a copy onto this computer and ... Jenny, why are giving me that look? I am just joking. Really.

Well, that is all for now guys. The next time I write I will be in Switzerland. I'll have to figure out what I am going to use for continuation of my numbering system when I am there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you brought it up, we've been working on the new server.

Got some new maps also - de_lost2 which I am sure you'll like ;-)

Sorry Jen, this is important!! :-)

Rich decided we needed to be a clan, so we now have tD | name going on. Rich, me and Kiz for the moment, although Mulch was on for a bit last night.

It'll be waiting for you when you get back. We should have everything worked out by then anyway...when are you back?? 6 or 7 months????

I'll tease you with something new that we've done whnever I post.

xoxoxo-D

PS - air lifting klenex, FEDEX overnight..sniff, sniff :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Eric, how beautiful! Dad's a sensitive guy, too (when he isn't killing things online!)... perhaps you will inspire him to travel and see a bit more of the world than the Navy offered... one can only dream!

LOVE, MOM