Sunday, June 16, 2013

Seattle (Eric)

I am trying a new App for the iPhone, and I thought I would share my favorite picture that I have taken so far (no, it is not faked). Obviously on our first night here, Jenny and I went to the Space Needle. Jenny braved her fear of heights to ride to the top and see an amazing view of the city (while this picture is not as cool - here you go)


This is my first visit to Seattle, and I am thoroughly enjoying the experience. The weather, so far, has been perfect - a much needed break from the 90 degree weather we left in Houston. We are staying close to Pike's Place, so we wandered down to the water front and explored that area. We stumbled across a French restaurant, Cafe Campagne, which had amazing food, and as a result, we ate way too much. So after dinner, we enjoyed what we like most about walking cities: a stroll through the streets of Seattle. The city has a nice Waterfront Park with quite a number of homeless, but we still enjoyed the sights and sounds of this area. We also stumbled upon the original Starbucks opened in 1971, and since Jenny and I have recently developed a coffee addiction, we had to visit this establishment.



Our evening ended with the aforementioned visit to the Space Needle. Overall, I am thoroughly enjoying my first visit to Seattle. I am looking forward to other firsts on this trip. I will try to post again. Hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! We visited the Space Needle (and Seattle) about 35 years ago... loved the views from the restaurant at the top! So glad you have a few days to enjoy at a relaxed pace.

LOVE, MOM

Anonymous said...

If I remember, it takes 60 minutes for a complete turn. So, at 1 drink every 5 minutes, how long would it take train A to get to New York?

:-)

XOXOXO-D