Thursday, June 28, 2012

Celebrating Seven Years with a Seven Hour Travel Day


We tried to post this last night, but had major issues with the computer. A partial draft was saved, so I'm trying to upload this from my phone. I can only see weird characters, so if the rest of the blog doesn't make sense, that's why. Hi Everyone!  Sorry that we can-t post more pictures, it took forever just to upload these two.  We are in the land of magical vistas, aka Plitvice National Park, and it is gorgeous here!  We-ve had a great day, and our seven hours of travel went by quickly and smoothly.  We took two buses, a train, and two 15/minute walks with luggage to get here, and we were able to laugh and enjoy ourselves along the way.  We got here around 2pm, were able to check in, and then headed down to the lake.  Oh wow!  The beauty is indescribable.  We just hiked for a little while today, and will spend the day there tomorrow. While we were relaxing in the lobby, I made a comment about the temperature being 109 degrees in Houston, and it turns out that the couple sitting near us were also from Houston! What a small world, and they were here with a Rick Steves' tour, go figure! Well, I'm going to keep this short, we have an anniversary to celebrate and this keyboard is giving me trouble. I'm so grateful for the decision I made nine years ago to eat lunch at the Yakatori bar in Nikko, Japan, because that's where Eric walked into my life. I am so grateful to have married my best friend, fellow traveler and adventurer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!!!!!

Since you're already having fun, have a day...:-)

xoxoox-D

Anonymous said...

Sis,

I am so happy for you both! I still remember the email from Japan in which you mentioned Eric, included a photo of him at the top of Mt. Fuji and added "and he's soooo handsome!" :-) What fun memories... and how quickly the time passes, so it's important to be sharing all these great adventures, love and friendship.

LOVE, MOM

Anonymous said...

We want to echo Jenny's words that we are so grateful for the decision she made nine years ago to eat lunch at the Yakatori bar in Nikko, Japan, where Eric walked into Jenny's life and she walked into his. We always wished for Eric to marry a best friend, fellow traveler and adventurer and he has. Love to you both, mom/fran & George - Great photos

Anonymous said...

Hi it's Karla Sandoval, that looks so beutiful! I hope you all the best :)