Monday, June 17, 2013

Seattle Sights (Eric)

(I am trying to recreate a post that I accidentally deleted)

Last night, after a wonderful dinner with Jenny's high school friend Kevin and his husband Bryce at a place called Dahlia Lounge, Jenny and I spontaneously decided to go see a live show at Triple Door. We caught a band called The Staves. I highly recommend them if you like transcendental folk music. This sister trio can sing some amazing harmonies.



This morning we had a delicious breakfast at Lola's, another restaurant owned by the same guy who owns the Dahlia Lounge. Afterwards, we wandered along the waterfront and stumbled upon the Olympic Sculpture Garden. Here's a picture of my favorite sculpture (No it is not just a random tree - look closely).

Next, thanks to Maggie's suggestion we decided to climb the hill to Kerry Park. Along the way we came across the World Fountain which was a surreal experience where the water spouts in unison with music.

After this came the not so relaxing or uphill portion of the journey, but once we reached the park we were treated to some amazing views of the city.

We finished the day with dinner at a Japanese restaurant named Umi. Sushi has long been a favorite of mine, and this place had some amazing food. Thanks to my wife Jenny for indulging me as I know that Asian food has not been a favorite of hers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely having too much fun...STOP IT!! :-)

Can't believe the weather you're getting. Hope it stays that way for the San Juan Expedition.


xoxoxo-d