Thursday, June 21, 2007

Eric's Thoughts from Rome


I am having a wonderful time in Rome. Coming here as a kid is one thing, but as an adult I have a greater appreciation for the history and sights of this wonderful place. This place is another walking city where everywhere you look there is some interesting point. But today we focused are early explorations on the Ancient Roman sights (the Collesium (spelling?), and the Roman Forum), which I have memories of visiting as a kid. I even tried to replicate one of the photos that was taken of me when I was younger (the attached picture). I am not sure I pulled it off without looking more closely at the original, but it was fun to try.


We just spent the last few hours waking the city at night. It is almost 11:30 p.m. here, and the city is showing no signs of slowing down. We ate dinner at a restaurant that overlooks one of the plazas here, and there is so much going on that is hard to focus on any one thing. There are muscians, artists, living statues, jugglers, and performers of various kinds all over the plaza. It was quite the entertaining experience. By the way, I also highly recommend trying gelato when you are in Italy. Every gelato place and every flavor that I have tried has been amazing. I have never been this impressed with gelato or ice cream that I can find in the U.S.


Well, it is getting late here, and I want to post a few more pictures before I sign off. I hope everyone is well. Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love the photos from the Coliseum! Can you imagine what it took to build! It's just incredible! And, Eric, how fun that you've been there before and have some photos to compare to when you get home.

xoxoxoxo MOM

Anonymous said...

Eric -- I am glad you remember so much of your childhood visits to Rome. It was always a fun place. Love, MOM Fran