Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Eric's Thoughts from Cinque Terre (Part Two?)


Well, I must say this place is awesome. These five peaceful little coastal towns are amazing (even though some are a little more peaceful than others). We have enjoyed exploring this region immensly. Today, we took a boat ride from our town of Riomaggiro to the town of Monterosso. You could clearly see the towns from the boat as we passed by them. The water is beautiful and clear, and it was yet another surreal experience. I highly recommend coming to this place too although I think that I would stay for at least a week.


Anyway, when we got to Monterosso, we rented an umbrella and chairs and spent the day on the beautiful beach and swam in the cool, blue water. The only down side to the beach is that it is a pebble beach, and the ground gets very hot, but we did not let that ruin our day. Anytime we got a little too hot, we would dive into the sea. Speaking of the sea, I went snorkeling yesterday which was amazing. The water her is extremely clear and there are fish everywhere, and I was just snorkeling in the marina right outside our room.


Well, if any of you are planning a trip to Italy, make sure you include Cinque Terre in your plans. It is amazing. That is all for now; I will probably be writing from Rome next. Take care everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eric,

I'm glad you got some snorkeling in... I recognized that snorkeler before I read your blog! Did you take some underwater photos?

I would love to go to Italy some day!

xoxoxox MOM