Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Buona Suari from Rome


Eric: We arrived in Rome today, and we are very happy to be here. The room we are staying in is small but very nice. It is extremely clean and secure. Our hostess has been extremely helpful, giving us all kinds of information about the city. We have been wandering around the streets of Rome and seeing some amazing things, such as the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps which are just minutes from our hotel. We are going to do more exploration tomorrow. I have childhood memories of this place that have come flooding back, especially when I saw the fountain (no pun intended). I am going to turn this over to Jenny now, and then we will post a few pictures. Take care everyone.


Jenny: Oh my gosh! For as much as I hated Milan, I LOVE Rome! It is amazing and incredible, and much cleaner than Milan. I can't believe how great our hotel is, especially because I booked it as we were flying out from Houston, and I can't believe how close it is to the sites. I have to admit that I was a bit sad to leave Cinque Terre, and in fact, toyed with the idea of maybe skipping out on Rome, or at least going a day later. But we had a fun train ride here- we sat with another couple, who were also teachers that taught at the same school, and we had so much fun swapping stories. That's one of the greatest parts of traveling is meeting people and hearing about their experiences. So that put me in a good mood, and just wandering around Rome has been magical. We are off to dinner and an early evening in so that we are ready to hit the big sites tomorrow. Ciao! P.S. Can you find Eric in the picture of the crowd around the fountain?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, kind like "Where's Waldo?" Yes, of course we spotted Eric right away :-) And what a wonderful fountain. Be sure to take LOTS of photos. Can't wait to hear more!

LOVE, MOM

Anonymous said...

Is he the one inside the rock cave, under the water, looking at the gurgling drain and wondering if there was going to be a big splash or he would just have to get snorkel gear and a raft???...

xoxoxo-D

Anonymous said...

I meant to ask... did you toss coins into the fountain?

xoxoxox MOM