Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Eric's Thoughts from Bath


Hello again! We have about 20 minutes to kill before we board a train back to London, and we found an internet cafe. This has been a wonderful day. Bath is fascinating mix of the ancient Roman, medieval, and the modern. We visited an ancient Roman bath which is truly an amazing ruin. The pool itself is a serene area open to the sunlight that was fun just to lounge about and relax near by. The town itself is filled with medieval churches, an abbey, and many interesting structures from the middle ages.

After walking around seeing the sites, we went to visit a bath house (I know in a town called bath, it really doesn't make any sense, does it?). The bath house was a very modern structure with a roof top pool and a pool in an underground area. Both pools were heated and extremely relaxing. After trying out both the pools, we went into one of the steam rooms. This was also a refreshing experience. Needless to say, after a long day of wandering around the town, it was just to thing to reinvigorate the body.

Today was a wonderful day all around, and I am glad that I got to experience it with my best friend. I look forward to tomorrow's visit to Canterbury. I hope that I will get to share my thoughts after that experience. Well, I am going to sign off for now because I am going to try to post some pictures. Take care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should have bought a towel...haha..a bath towel

R