Sunday, June 10, 2007

Jenny's Post

I just told Eric that I feel too tired to type anything. He's been
at the internet cafe uploading the pictures, while I've been back
at the hotel taking a shower. The hiking today was amazing
beyond words, but also tiring. I did want to mention another
unexpected gem that we stumbled upon (much like the zoo in Bern.) While we were waiting for the train back to Lauterbrunnen, we heard all sorts of band music. We walked up the street just a bit and there was a marching band competition going on. All of these little tiny mountain villages have marching bands! Crazy! There was one band, wearing all different soccer jerseys, playing snipits of national anthems from many different countries. We figured they must be vying to host the World Cup? I'm not sure. But it was very fun and entertaining to watch these bands.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another unexpected...? Sounds like your fell asleep at the keyboard... but it's a good kind of exhaustion after such a fabulous day of hiking! Take some time to veg...

xoxoxox MOM

Anonymous said...

Sis,

I can't believe we were probably both typing at the same time! (Just like that movie with Sandra Bullock & Keanu Reeves... well, almost).

I have Mykayla in my lap, showing her your photos. She really like the bears the best, I think.

What fun to stumble upon some of the local festivities!

Enjoy your evening (as we start our day!).

LOVE, MOM