Friday, June 15, 2007

Eric's Thoughts from Zermatt (part two)


Today was another amazing, although cold and wet, day. Jenny and I did another mountain hike which had some amazing views even though it was rainy and cloudy. I was actually pleasantly surprised how far we could see given the weather. For a while there, we thought we could see at least part of the Matterhorn. I think one of the highlights of my day though was coming back to a warm hotel room and changing out of some very wet clothes.

I think the other highlight (although it made me wish we had better weather on the hike) was when we went out for dinner (which by the way was some of the best sushi I have had period, including Japan), and we could clearly see the entire peak of the Matterhorn. Jenny and I were both amazed at how close and clear it was considering we had not really seen it for most of the day. We will post pictures when we get a chance

Well, That is all for now. I am looking foward to our next leg of our trip in Cinque Terre. Amazingly enough even though we are staying in a very small town, they still have an internet cafe. I just hope we are able to post pictures. Take care everyone.

No comments: