Friday, June 1, 2018

Final Morning in Manuel Antonio (Eric)

We were awoken this morning on our final day at the Arenas Del Mar resort to the sounds of howler monkeys - I know kind of a bizarre alarm clock. Both us got up to enjoy our amazing view and before long a male and a female howler came to a tree right near our balcony (see pictures below). This was quite a treat on our last morning. But it didn’t end there. Jenny and I were commenting on the fact that we had not seen a toucan yet and maybe five minutes later two fiery-billed aracari (we had to look this up - it is a toucan-like bird) landed on the same trees. It was transcendental. We could not get a good picture so I found one online to show you. And finally on our way back from breakfast we spotted two green parrots near our room (another online picture). I go back to my earlier comment about how staying in this place is like staying in a zoo.






No comments: