Monday, May 28, 2018

Greetings from Costa Rica (Eric)

 I just wanted to share a quick post about my initial experiences in San Jose, Costa Rica. This is another fun city to simply wander and explore on your own. Having said that, Jenny has introduced me to a new way of exploring a new city where you can see some of the more local flavors - a walking tour. With our guide Alejandro and just the two of us, we spent almost three hours wandering the city stopping by interesting sights, coffee shops, and food places. I think the most interesting thing about the tour is that we probably would not have wandered into any of these places on our own. We tried some of the best coffee we have ever had - drinking it black; something I would not have dreamed of in the States. But it was wonderful. He walked us through a local market where we had amazing ceviche and tortillas that were incredibly fresh and tasty. The whole experience surpassed my expectations, and I highly recommend the Barrio Bird Walking Tour company.





No comments: