Friday, June 28, 2013

Bay Area Bittersweet

Coming back to the Bay Area always brings a mix of emotions. It's reconnecting with great friends and visiting old haunts. But there's never enough time to see all of the people I miss dearly or go to every favorite spot. It's seeing what's changed, how areas have developed (Lake Merritt - wow!!) It's a welcomed time, but it's also a reminder of a life I moved from. Spending the little bit of time that I can with a few of my friends is so much fun, when we see each other, it's like no time has passed at all. But then it's time to leave again, and the impact of how much I miss these people and places hits hard. I've loved celebrating my eighth wedding anniversary with Eric in this special place with the friends we were able to see. To all of our friends that we missed, we hope to catch up with you next time.



At the Ferry Terminal, SF with Kachina


Lunch with Sarah, overlooking SF Bay




Long walk along the waterfront to get a sundae at Ghirardelli Square. A blanket of fog shrouds most of the Golden Gate Bridge.


More fog at Alcatraz.


Anniversary lunch on Lake Merritt


A big thank you to Mia and Cara for breakfast at La Note, and to Melissa and Alex for their hospitality and all the laughs playing Taboo.

No comments: