Friday, June 29, 2007

Eric's Thoughts from Venice


Well, we are now in Venice, and I must say that I am enjoying the city immensely. I was a little worried about Venice because I had heard that the canals used to be a brown color and smell, but the canals are a beautiful blue color and there is no smell. This place is so much fun. I have made the comment that it is like a big amusement park for adults. There are no cars, you walk or boat everywhere, and there is something going on all the time. The only people in the city are tourists and people who make their living from the tourist industry. After we arrived late last night, we walked to St. Mark's square, and they had several groups of classical musicians playing music. It was a surreal experience. I am looking forward to the next few days here. It is a very romantic city, and I am really enjoying being here with the woman I love.


My one concern about Venice is that the city is slowly sinking (or the water level is rising, or both), but there are buildings that are slowly being consumed by the sea. It would be sad to see this beautiful city go away. They are obviously making efforts to save what they can, but you can see that some buildings look like they are permanently closed.


Anyway, I think that I am going to cut this short, download some pictures, and go enjoy the day. Take care everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The photos and descriptions are fabulous! Gosh... what are we going to do after next week, when you return home?! We have looked forward to your postings everyday for 5 weeks now...

xoxoxox MOM