Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Day 1: Frankfurt (Eric)

Day 1:  May 28th, 2019. After a 10 hour flight, a train ride, and a short walk to our hotel, we had finally arrived at our first destination, Frankfurt. 

Considering we arrived at our hotel, the Adina Apartment Hotel, at 11:00 am local time, we were pleasantly surprised that they not only had a room ready but gave us a free upgrade. The room is very nice with the exception of the air conditioning unit which we’re not even convinced works. Luckily, the weather here is fairly temperate, so we’ve taken to opening our windows instead. 

After unpacking, we decided to explore our local surroundings, and Jenny as usual found an ideal location for this. Not only are we only a 10 minute walk from the train station, but we are a short walk from a number of the interesting sights in downtown Frankfurt. I’ll post pictures at the bottom of some of the highlights, but I’m happy to report that Frankfurt is another amazingly vibrant city that I’m glad I get to explore with my best friend, Jenny. 

We’re always joking with each other how we seem to find a new favorite place everywhere we go. I think it’s because we both embrace new experiences and cultures wherever we go. I’ve come to appreciate life’s little wonders and love being in vacation where we just wander and see what we see. It has been a fabulous trip so far. It’s 10:30 pm local time here, and we’re getting up early tomorrow to venture to Heidelberg, so I’m going to cut it short for now, but day two was even more amazing than day one. I’ll try to write about it tomorrow on the train ride. Hope everyone is doing well. 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos & descriptions. Happy you are blogging again. Love, Mom/Fran